Spicy Baked Beans
- One, 1/2 gallon size pork n’ beans or baked beans.
- One large diced onion.
- Three stems of diced celery.
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Cyan pepper to taste (this pepper is extremely hot, so be very careful when adding to your recipe).
- Season with Seasonall or Spike, to taste.
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup
- Stir all the ingredients together and add one inch pieces of bacon.
- Cover this dish with foil and bake in the oven 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven carefully and serve.
Alvin H. ‘Al’ Terrell, was born and grew up in the ‘Sunken Lands’ of Poinsett County in northeast Arkansas. He worked on the farms and in the businesses until age 22 when he left Arkansas to live and work in the Industrial cities of the Northern U.S. Al attended college in Rockford, IL while attending college he found a love for writing.
After retirement from industry, Al spends his time writing the old stories he hopes will be enjoyed by all and preserved for future generations. Although Al has lived many years in the cities of the North, he says, “I’m still a country boy at heart.”