Black Oak Media is taking submissions!
Have you written or are you writing a book or novel that you believe is unique and compelling enough to be published by Black Oak Media? Send a query letter, a rough outline, and one or two sample chapters to email@example.com
Please take into consideration the following guidelines before submitting your work:
- We accept both nonfiction and fiction titles of most genres, but we are not interested in erotica, political manifestos, or children’s (12 years and below) literature.
- A complete manuscript should be between 35,000 and 95,000 words.
- Please check for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Save your files as .doc, .docx, or .rtf
- Use the Tab key at the beginning of all paragraphs.
- Place your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the word count of your manuscript on your query letter.
- Follow our style sheet.
Our typical contract terms include a 12% royalty, 10 free copies of your book, and 40-50% off any copies ordered by the author. Please note, due to rising costs and the changing nature of the publishing industry, we now charge a flat
$125 $100 publication fee. We do not accept all submissions and we will not charge you anything if your book is not accepted.
We look forward to hearing from you,
- Michael Kleen, Publisher
Black Oak Media, Inc.